Accounts Payable Administrator
Job Description in Brief
This position reports directly to the Accounts Payable Supervisor/ Controller and is primarily responsible for:
- Perform accounting and manager tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions
- Manage and prepare all invoices on an everyday basis for payment
- Daily check request
- Enter and upload invoices into system
- Track expenses and process expense reports to ensure compliance with company policies
- Prepare and process electronic payments
- Post transactions into journals, ledgers, and other records
- Daily reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- Maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries by email
- Monitor all vendor calls and address all issues for accounts payable
- Coordinate with various departments and ensure that prices are correct on invoices.
- Evaluate all account payable balances and resolve all unpaid invoice issues
- Deferred receiver
- Evaluate and reconcile all vendor statements and manage all inquiries
- Manage and ensure vendor receives 1099 forms and resolve all issues
- Produce monthly reports, assist with month end closing
- Monthly and quarterly prepare analysis of accounts
- Process and upload to system all credit card transactions
- Prepare and perform check runs
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience.
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
- Ability to type 45-50 wpm.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.